Oil Field Accidents
An oil field is almost always a dangerous workplace to be in, which is why so many people find themselves in the midst of a serious accident. Injuries from the incidents can be severe and could make it so that a victim is never able to return to work or live normally again.
Oil field accidents often occur due to the negligence or misconduct of the oil company or oil field operator. For example, they may have failed to maintain the equipment properly or failed to comply with safety regulations, or failed to train their employees properly. An attorney can help the victim to build a strong case against the responsible party and hold them accountable for their actions.
According to a 2017 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report on Fatalities in the Oil and Gas Extraction Industry Data:
- There were 69 oil and gas worker fatalities across 10 states.
- Texas oil field workers were the most impacted, with 64% of the fatalities occurring in Texas.
- Workers with less than one-year experience were more likely to die than workers with more years in the industry, though fatalities still occurred among workers with 30 or more years in the industry.
- The majority of those workers were working alone or unobserved at the time of their accident.
- 62% of the fatalities occurred with workers performing well servicing.
- 38% of the fatalities occurred with workers in drilling operations, specialized freight and other job functions.
- 88% of oil field fatalities were caused by vehicle incidents (29 deaths), contact injuries (22 deaths) and explosions (10 death).
- 12% of oil field deaths were caused by exposure to dangerous substances, falls from height, electrocution and other events.
Oil field accidents can be a serious matter, and it is important for the victims to seek legal help in order to protect their rights and obtain the compensation they deserve. At The Law Office of Abrar & Vergara, we will listen to your concern and will ensure that you are treated fairly by these companies and receive just compensation.